Within the EU about all technical products are regulated and need a CE-label, before they can enter the common market. Normally the manufacturer processes the CE conformity and applies the CE label by himself. . In case of misuse of the CE-label the producer faces charges by the market control bodies. In extreme cases the product has to be withdrawn from the market.
The segment pressure equipment on July 19th, 2016, has seen a modified Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU having become obligatory. This is as one of the last directives being implemented for machine and plant producers.
Now there can be no misunderstanding anymore with other directives like EC machinery directive, low voltage directive or EMC directive. Risk analysis and operation instructions now are mandatory documentation to be delivered by the manufacturer.
Already legally binding has been §13 PED (pressure equipment classification) since June 1st, 2015. This was an administrative necessity because of the expiration of the directive 67/548/EEC on that date. So fluids have to be classified according to CLP directive, which can lead to changes in classifications for individual cases.
We help your business covering the conformity assessment for your pressure equipment products, ensuring directive compliance, so that you can concentrate on your core business.
Our services for manufacturers:
- Directive and norm research with evaluation
- Risk analysis compilation
- Pressure equipment categorization
- Operation manual drafting
- Client complaint support
- Assessments for products already in the market
- Pressure equipment development engineering and support
- Organizational CE process implementation support guided by the categorization (QM system, rule compliance)
- Pressure equipment supplier control and validation
Pressure equipment operating companies – like manufacturers – also need to comply to legal rules, here the Betriebssicherheitsverordnung (BetrSichV))*****.
Our services for operating companies:
- Welding technology support
- Inspection-prone pressure equipment cataloguing (pipes, pressure containers, steam generators) including register creation
- Recurring inspection for pressure equipment and inspection interval and scope definition, and inspector qualification definition according to BetrSichV****
- Pipe catalogue accounting, pipe classification and overview
- Inspection record keeping as accounts for certified bodies
- Support with market body-caused obligations with inspections according to BetrSichV****
- Risk assessment and safety evaluation of pressure equipment
- Pressure equipment labelling
- Category 1 equipment or equipment with pressure < 0,5 bar assessment
- Low pressure system assessment
- Sub-contractor based pressure equipment assembly
Our team members expertise of 20+ years has helped clients of many industries:
- Automotive supplier
- Machine and plant engineering
- Large engine producers
- Power plant technology
- Process industry